Moreton Bay, Noosa, Sunshine Coast, and Brisbane: April – June 2022
The 2022 Anywhere Festival Awards have been announced!
Saturday the 25th of June EC Venue bar hosted the 2022 Anywhere Festival Awards with a room full of the amazing talent behind the many productions that performed across Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Sunshine Coast and Noosa as part of this year’s festival. This talent was tasked with the transformation of unusual local settings turning them into exciting performance spaces exploding with creative activity across the months April, May and June and the awards ceremony boasted the success of this year’s festival!
This year’s Anywhere Festival wasn’t left unscathed of the wrath of floods, extreme wet weather and the hanging around of covid which seemed to reach each region of the festival. With an adaptable pool of talent and productions the Anywhere Festival team was able to work with each of the productions to ensure they could either re-schedule, move venues, adapt their production and overcome the challenges.
In all over 4,000 square kilometres, over 45,000 people experienced performances, with sales for ticketed events up 13% in spite of ongoing unseasonable rain.
With the resilience of the arts and cultural members of the Anywhere Festival matched with enthusiasm and celebration of the overall festival, the Anywhere Festival awards is always one in the calendar to celebrate. This year we are pleased to announce the winners of the awards as per below:
- Brisbane City Council Audience Vote Anywhere Festival Award: Hello Stranger by The Drawer Productions at House Conspiracy.
- Brisbane Immersive Anywhere Festival Award: Oberon 11 by inscape Assembly at The Paint Factory
- Fringe Brisbane Anywhere Festival Award: T!ts Akimbo – The Politics of Vodka, Lime & Soda at Blute’s Bar
- Communify Anywhere Festival Award: A Matter of Material at various Moreton Bay locations and the Allison Engine Testing Bays
- M4M Agency Marketing Anywhere Festival Award: T!ts Akimbo – The Politics of Vodka, Lime & Soda at Blute’s Bar
- Moreton Bay Audience Vote Anywhere Festival Award: Limelight by Cindy Sykes at Morayfield Community Hall
- Noosa Audience Vote Anywhere Festival Award: Throne by Virgo Nash at a secret location
- Sunshine Coast Audience Vote Anywhere Festival Award: Argonautika by BYTE Theatre Company at Nambour Aquatic Centre
- Queensland Theatre Companies Emerging Theatre Makers Anywhere Festival Award: Hello Stranger by The Drawer Productions at House Conspiracy.
- Sydney Fringe Tour Ready Anywhere Festival Award: Murder at the Bowlo by Impro Mafia at salisbury Bowls Club.
- Anywhere Festival Show Award Overall: Last Laugh at University of Queensland
- Anywhere Festival Show Award Moreton Bay: Vixens of Fall with Lulu Divine for Boho Babes at various Moreton Bay locations including Method Art Collective.
- Anywhere Festival Venue Award: The University of Queensland
- Anywhere Festival Show Award Brisbane: This way for a fireside chat with Lucifer at Fish Lane
- Overall Anywhere Festival Award: Toni Wills – Sunshine Coast/Noosa Producer.
“The performers and staff this year really overcame some adversities to make it this year the most successful Anywhere Festival we have had to date”. Said Paul Osuch, Anywhere Festival Founder and Artistic Director
“Regardless of floods, covid and wet weather extremities, this years ticket sales percentage was well over last year’s average – up from 79% to an incredible 94% in Brisbane alone which just shows across these regions we are hungry for the uniqueness that Anywhere Festival brings to the community of arts and culture.”said Paul.
Anywhere Festival is set in place again for 2023 from May 4th – 21st of May
- ENDS –
Anywhere Festival is made possible by our supporters:
Click link for access to images for usage in print and online: CLICK HERE
For further information & interview opportunities please contact:
Amanda Goddard – Publicist – 0405 101 739