Independent artists, presenters and producers are invited to register for the 2017 Anywhere Theatre Festival running Thursday 4 May to Sunday 21 May 2017.
Registrations opened 15 October 2016 and will close on 15 January 2017.
Who can register? Any performing artists who wants to present a performance anywhere but a theatre.
“Lo and behold, THEATRE IS NOT JUST FOR THEATRES! Can you believe it? Without the Anywhere Theatre Festival, a company like mine may never get the exposure it needs to launch independently and create work outside the festival as well! ‘”Important” is an understatement! CRUCIAL. NECESSARY. GAH!”
Daniel Gough, The Suicide Ensemble
- Performances can be anywhere but a theatre.
- Register from 15 October to get access to all the resources and networks and you don’t need to pay until 15 January 2017
- Performances beyond the Brisbane hub will be part of the festival
- Visual arts exhibitions can be part of the program as long as you exhibit anywhere but a gallery.
- Host businesses can also register to run behind the scenes workshops
- Regional councils can register to allow their local artists to observe without presenting work or get group deals for local participants.
“Once you are registered you can join the very active community of independent artists, get access to tools to make presenting anywhere easy and register to be part of the monthly workshops in Brisbane that are also streamed online,” said Alex McTavish, Anywhere Theatre Festival Cofounder.
Anywhere Theatre Festival has received funding for the next four years through Arts Queensland with a mission to make it possible for artists to create and audiences to experience incredible performances anywhere but a theatre.
“It offers the most supportive festival environment I’ve worked in.” said Lola Montgomery, producer and performer in 2015 Anywhere Festival. “You feel supported and as though you are part of a company rather than the usual fringe deal where you are on your own every step of the way.”
To find out more about:
- Being part of the festival from anywhere in Queensland (MORE)
- Presenting visual art anywhere but a gallery (MORE)