Brisbane City Council maintains more than 2000 parks across Brisbane, with more created all the time. Our parks range in size from small pocket parks to large district parks, two botanic gardens and many bushland reserves. Find a park near you, featured parks and their facilities, dog off-leash areas and park Wi-Fi hotspots. Discover how to make a booking for a park site for an event, function or wedding. Council’s Active Parks program offers activities for all ages at more than 50 parks across Brisbane.
To apply, do the following:
1. Search the BCC web site for parks at https://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/things-to-do-brisbane/council-venues/parks
2. Check out the park to ensure it is what you want.
3. Click on the link to apply to use the park.
4. Contact Anywhere Festival and ask for a “Fee Waiver Request” letter to provide.
5. Fill out the details, emphasising how small the production is, how small the audience is, the minimal technical requirements, that you are a small independent company and that you are presenting as part of Anywhere Festival, a local registered charity that is being sponsored by BCC in 2019 to activate their parks. Ensure you know the dates and times you want.
BCC is used to getting Entertainment Permit requests for events over 2,000 people. As all your shows are well under, an Entertainment Permit is not needed, but you still need to apply to use the park at the times you need to prevent clashes.