Anywhere Festival is offering volunteer internships from late 2019 through to the festival in May 2020 for you to develop skills in a festival environment.
We are looking for a couple of people who like to learn through a mixture of resources and skills implementation.
Support local independent artists by playing while picking up skills across festival logistics, performer and venue liaison, strategy, marketing and audience development.
This is an administrative internship and may include the following: assist with strategic planning, budgeting, performer, audience and venue liaison, advertising and marketing, web site and social media content writing, proofing, assist with current online calendars and web-based communication/organizing tools.
What we provide:
- The ability to develop skills across the organisation of Anywhere Festival, providing invaluable experience that is applicable across a wide range of industries.
- Mentoring and direction from Founder and CEO Paul Osuch as well as Creative Producers Toni Wills and Tim Monley.
- Practical experience working in a Festival environment with a team of creative professionals, and the ability to network and create and expand your professional network
- Exclusive access to Anywhere Festival events and complimentary tickets to Anywhere Festival performances during May.
- General workplace experience and learning within a collaborative office environment.
- Flexibility in attendance.
Desired Skills, Abilities, Behavioral Traits and Attitudes of any applicant:
- Someone who wants to learn new skills, ask questions and make the most of the opportunity to access the Anywhere Festival team.
- Exhibit a commitment to working collaboratively, with integrity and respect for Anywhere Festival collaborators and communities
- Embrace personal responsibility and accountability for your role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organized individual able to work independently
- Strong project management/event management skills
- Good organisational skills
- Passion for the vision of Anywhere Festival!
The role is based out of the office at West End with easy access to City Cat, buses and other transport options.
Timing is flexible, but we are looking for people available for a couple of sessions a week or more (ie. Monday and Thursday morning or a Wednesday).
If you are interested, apply below. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are strongly encouraged to apply.