The 2015 Anywhere Festival was held on Thu 7 to Sun 24 May with sell-out crowds across the festival with at least 50% of the 337 shows (showcasing 54 producers and hundreds of local writers, performers, directors, musicians, artists and designers) selling out!


  • 337 performances of 58 productions experienced by 74,316 people across 27 suburbs of Brisbane from intimate one audience member shows to tasters and performances at markets including Collective Markets,Boundary Street and Eat Street.
  • 81% of all available tickets were sold, up from last year’s 78% with a curated festival program to be similar in size to 2014.
  • 51% of Anywhere Festival attendees only go to 0-3 shows annually outside Anywhere.
  • 71% of attendees had not attended Anywhere Festival before.

Producing an excellent event 

  • 100% of in-person surveyed audience members rated their festival experience as Excellent or Above Average according to Culture Counts. In house online post festival surveys reveal 89% rated their overall festival experience as Excellent or Above Average.
  • 69% of participating artists rated their experience equal or better than other festivals, with 25% stating this was their first festival.

Supporting local independent artists

  • $459,680 value of resources provided to artists through Anywhere Festival infrastructure and brokerage of rent free performance venues.
  • 68% of total company income goes to the creators of the shows compared to a range of 12%-34% in other small to medium arts organisations.
  • 81% of participating artists feel clearer in their direction as practicing artists as a result of their Anywhere Festival experience. Of the remaining 19%, all bar one consider themselves an “already established artist”
  • 127 reviews were published – a record – creating exposure and critical dialogue for independent producers and performers to develop their work.


  • 41% of ticket purchasers live outside Brisbane City Council postcodes
  • 82% of surveyed attendees would have stayed home if they had not come to an Anywhere Festival performance.

Local Business

  • 77% new customers – 77% of attendees to ticketed shows (5,308) had not previously visited the location hosting the performance or used their services. Our 42 performance host business partners state the value of a new customer be worth an average $102.70 over the course of the next twelve months.
  • Repeat Business – 68% of surveyed attendees were “very likely” to visit or use the services of the business host. This translates to $370,689 of additional business to local businesses hosting Anywhere Festival performances.

 Broader Exposure

  • 183,840 page views on the web site during the festival, and a reach of 79k and total impressions of 389,450 on Facebook.

Here’s some links to a selection of media from the festival available online.

Date Media Outlet Title Link
7/3/2015 Visit Brisbane Anywhere Festival
19/3/2015 Scenestr Anywhere Festival Brisbane Launch
23/3/2015 Moostache Magazine Awesome Ocean Party
2/4/2015 612 ABC – Spencer Howson Actor rediscovers her mojo after taking time out for motherhood
13/4/2015 Scenestr Sandro Colarelli’s Love Had a Black Speed Stripe
17/4/2015 Scenestr The View from Madeleine’s Couch – The Bossa Nova Sunset Club
20/4/2015 4ZZZ “The Witching Hour” Turning Tricks 2
20/4/2015 4ZZZ “The Witching Hour” Me, Maria and the Moon
24/4/2015 WeekendNotes (Brisbane) Anywhere Festival 2015
27/4/2015 Scenestr “5 Ways To touch” The Touch Industry
27/4/2015 Scenestr The Reality Event
27/4/2015 Scenestr Pinch Me
27/4/2015 Scenestr The Mayne Family Effect
1/5/2015 BMag Anywhere Festival 2015
6/5/2015 Must Do Brisbane Anywhere Festival 2015
6/5/2015 Concrete Playground Brisbane Anywhere Festival 2015
6/5/2015 4ZZZ “The Witching Hour” Queer Radio Interview
7/5/2015 Southern Star Arrivederci – Nathaniel Young
8/5/2015 WeekendNotes (Brisbane) The Touch Industry review
8/5/2015 Brisbane Times Anywhere Festival 10 Weirdest locations
8/5/2015 The Broadsheet Anywhere Festival Parramatta
8/5/2015 Time Out Sydney Anywhere Festival Parramatta
8/5/2015 Concrete Playground (Brisbane) The Five Best Things to see at Anywhere Festival 2015
9/5/2015 The Australian Lady Nerds reveal their inner geekdoms in one-woman show
11/5/2015 Brisbane Times Play examines legacy of Patrick Mayne
15/5/2015 WEst End Magazine Interview with Scott Wings
15/5/2015 XS Entertainment My Love Had a Black Speed Stripe review
16/5/2015 Australian Stage Online The Touch Industry Review|-the-sonder-line.html
17/5/2015 Stage Whispers My Love Had a Black Speed Stripe review
18/5/2015 XS Entertainment Awesome Ocean Party
22/5/2015 XS Entertainment The Apology review
22/5/2015 XS Entertainment Who is Dani Cabs review
25/5/2015 XS Entertainment The Reality Event Review