The 2015 Anywhere Festival was held on Thu 7 to Sun 24 May with sell-out crowds across the festival with at least 50% of the 337 shows (showcasing 54 producers and hundreds of local writers, performers, directors, musicians, artists and designers) selling out!
- 337 performances of 58 productions experienced by 74,316 people across 27 suburbs of Brisbane from intimate one audience member shows to tasters and performances at markets including Collective Markets,Boundary Street and Eat Street.
- 81% of all available tickets were sold, up from last year’s 78% with a curated festival program to be similar in size to 2014.
- 51% of Anywhere Festival attendees only go to 0-3 shows annually outside Anywhere.
- 71% of attendees had not attended Anywhere Festival before.
Producing an excellent event
- 100% of in-person surveyed audience members rated their festival experience as Excellent or Above Average according to Culture Counts. In house online post festival surveys reveal 89% rated their overall festival experience as Excellent or Above Average.
- 69% of participating artists rated their experience equal or better than other festivals, with 25% stating this was their first festival.
Supporting local independent artists
- $459,680 value of resources provided to artists through Anywhere Festival infrastructure and brokerage of rent free performance venues.
- 68% of total company income goes to the creators of the shows compared to a range of 12%-34% in other small to medium arts organisations.
- 81% of participating artists feel clearer in their direction as practicing artists as a result of their Anywhere Festival experience. Of the remaining 19%, all bar one consider themselves an “already established artist”
- 127 reviews were published – a record – creating exposure and critical dialogue for independent producers and performers to develop their work.
- 41% of ticket purchasers live outside Brisbane City Council postcodes
- 82% of surveyed attendees would have stayed home if they had not come to an Anywhere Festival performance.
- 77% new customers – 77% of attendees to ticketed shows (5,308) had not previously visited the location hosting the performance or used their services. Our 42 performance host business partners state the value of a new customer be worth an average $102.70 over the course of the next twelve months.
- Repeat Business – 68% of surveyed attendees were “very likely” to visit or use the services of the business host. This translates to $370,689 of additional business to local businesses hosting Anywhere Festival performances.
- 183,840 page views on the anywherefest.com web site during the festival, and a reach of 79k and total impressions of 389,450 on Facebook.
Here’s some links to a selection of media from the festival available online.