Join the hundreds of businesses and residential homes that support local performers and host a performance of comedy, dance, music, poetry, theatre, circus or magic during Anywhere Theatre Festival 10-27 May 2018 in Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast.
It’s easy… and FREE!
It doesn’t matter what kind of space you have: lounge room, backyard, office, basement, driveway, boxing ring, tennis court, park, rooftop. Your own home or your place of business. Nearly anywhere can be an Anywhere performance space!
“We’d never hosted a performance before but the team at Anywhere made it easy to host two shows. Both brilliant! We’ll be back next year for sure!” James R. (2017 Host)
It only takes a few minutes, and gives us all the details we need to help find you a performance. APPLY HERE
Choose from performances and confirm performance details(s).
If we don’t suggest the kind of thing you like, or dates and times don’t work, you are free to walk away.
Touch base with the performer in the lead up.
Organise with the performer to see and rehearse in the space once or twice.
We do the rest including insurance
We manage tickets, provide an allocation of complimentary tickets for you, signage, programs and equipment to ensure your venue is safe and provide public liability cover and invite you to other Anywhere events from the Launch to the Awards Night.
Like more detail? Read On
Host some comedy, theatre, music, dance, poetry during the 2018 Anywhere Theatre Festival – it’s easy!
Become one of the hundred of businesses and residential homes that host a performance during Anywhere Theatre Festival 10-27 May 2018.
APPLY HERE (LINK).
It doesn’t matter what space you have: a lounge room, basement, backyard, office, shed, warehouse, heritage property or a retail space, there is probably an amazing local show that could fit.
- It’s fun and creates a special event so the theatre comes to you 😉
- No payment required – performers earn money from the box office
- Audiences sizes range from 1 – 200 with an average capacity of 40.
- Businesses become a festival partner with logos and coverage in the 20,000+ print programs web site and social media.
- Performers use the space changing as little as possible – no huge sound and lighting rigs.
- We manage all enquiries and a box office system
- We provide guides and resources and advice to make hosting a performance easy
- Pass so you can get to other shows during the festival at special prices
- Festival covers public liability and ensure performers are properly risk assessed.
- Festival covers signage, posters, as well as providing any safety gear from do not cross tape to traffic cones.
How does it work?
- APPLY HERE with your details and what kind of space (or spaces) you have along with any date or performance type preferences you have and whether you want acts to come to us first or whether you are happy to take alls direct.
- We work with you to confirm acts by our print program deadline of 14 February 2018 with the type of performance, number of performances and times that work best for you.
- Anywhere Theatre Festival happens 10-27 May 2018
- We get your feedback to make it even better next year.
IMPORTANT NOTE – You do not need to pay for the performance but it is also a condition that you do not charge the performer to use the space.
You can apply to add your venue RIGHT HERE.