CHOOSE YOUR LEADER is a new immersive theatrical experience that invites audiences to choose one of four leaders through an overlapping story with four narratives. Join Richard Duke of York, Talbot, Joan of Arc or Gloucester through the machinations that started the legendary War of the Roses.
Choose Your Leader performance season will be Friday 25 to Saturday 26 January 2019 in nooks and crannies around the Courthouse at 60 Little Malop Street Geelong. Yes, that’s the Australia Day weekend.
Auditions and Interviews to be held Saturday 1 September and Sunday 2 September 2018. Select a 20 minute slot and come prepared with a piece – preferably Shakespeare – or with materials pertinent to your area of interest.
Choose Your Leader will be the major production of the proposed inaugural ANYWHERE FESTIVAL GEELONG that will happen over the same weekend from Friday 25 to Sunday 27 January in nooks and crannies thanks to exciting partnerships with Courthouse Youth Arts and Centrepoint Arcade (Creative Geelong).
Rehearsals will be a mixture of two weekday evenings (Monday and Wednesday’s) and one weekend day depending on the role and the narrative. Due to the nature of the work, no actor will be required for all sessions. There will be flexibility for scheduled individual holidays along with a break over the Christmas period. Rehearsals to start mid September and be on alternate weeks with some continuous weeks. Full proposed schedule at Info Session and Auditions
We are looking for:
- Two Assistant Directors. Instrumental in the parallel and separated rehearsal schedule.
- Designers. Costume, Sound, Visual/Set
- Technology/Production People. Innovation and on the night tech’.
- Musicians. May also have an acting role if desired.
- Acting Roles. The structure will be as last rehearsed with four overlapping narratives and will be cast for a 50/50 gender split across roles, regardless of the character gender:
- Narrative leads
- Approximately 15 other roles with a dedicated actor including:
- Bastard of Orleans
- A number of roles that may be either double ups or done as video records for projection scenes.
- CHARACTER LIST AT WIKIPEDIA
- Narrative leads
This initiative would not be possible without the amazing support of Courthouse Youth Arts providing a space for the festival and for Anywhere to operate from, along with Creative Geelong offering Centrepoint Arcade as the second major site for performances during the inaugural festival.